Reasons to Drink Water—
Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water, and foods. All of these are essential daily to replace the large amounts of water lost each day.
1. Drinking Water helps maintain the balance of body fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include —digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature. Good stuff!
2. Water Can Help Control Calories. YES!!! While water doesn’t have any magical effect on weight loss, substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.
Food with high water content tends to look larger, its higher volume requires more chewing, and it is absorbed more slowly by the body, which helps you feel full. Water-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, broth-based soups, oatmeal, and beans.
3. Water Helps Energize Muscles. Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue and cramps.
Drinking enough fluids is important when exercising. Follow the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for fluid intake before and during physical activity. These guidelines recommend that people drink about 17 ounces of fluid about two hours before exercise. During exercise, they recommend that people start drinking fluids early, and drink them at regular intervals to replace fluids lost by sweating.
4. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration.
5. Water Helps Your Kidneys. Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate.
6. Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function. Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation.
Come on peeps! These are excellent reasons to remember to pack that water bottle everywhere you go 🙂 Do your body good with H20!!!